Coffee, from starting, isn’t just a drink but its lot more. People gathered over a cup of coffee, in the past and also present, to get together, talk and share opinions. So, let’s talk about some interesting facts about coffee:
- About 50% of the worldwide production of coffee is bought by Kraft, P&G, Sara Lee, and Nestle. (that’s a whole lot of coffee for just 4 brands)
- There are 2 types of coffee – Arabica and Robusta. The former was originally cultivated in Arab countries and from there it got the name. The latter is a comparatively harder plant but contains more amount of caffeine.
- A research concluded that on average, an American spends almost $1100 per year on coffee. Young people are spending more on coffee than older people. (to give you an estimate, with $1100, you can buy the newest iPhone)
- World-renowned pianist Beethoven was a diehard fan and consumer of coffee. He precisely counted 60 beans per cup for his brew.
- Espresso is a favorite coffee variety of many individuals. The word espresso comes from Italian and it means forced out. As we all know, espresso is made by forcing very hot water under high pressure through finely ground, compacted coffee.
- There’s a simple trick to keep your coffee warm. Add cream. It is estimated that coffee stays warm 20% longer when it’s combined with cream.
- There’s only one American state that grows coffee – Hawaii. Due to prerequisites like high altitude, tropical climate, and rich soil to grow coffee, Hawaii is the only suitable state.